Subject: Re: Raptor, PVR, SpeedRazor Mach setup
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 10:29:47 -0800

>Would anybody out there 
>respond to the charge that SR Mach III isn't a REAL NLE? 

We use it extensively. I am running it right now on my Alpha and it is great.
As you mention, audio has been a stumbling block, but the new DPS audio
card should fix that. I have no idea why someone would say its not a real
NLE. I am no editor, but my partner Paul is and he loves it. Add to that
all the enhancements that are coming and you have one hell of a product.

>Also can I 
>network (through SN or anything else) between an Alpha NT machine and an 
>Intel Pentium 166 using windows.

No need for SN. Netbeui in NT is all that is needed to hook up multiple
NT boxes, regardless of platform (provided you have ethernet adapters
of course).
  *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  *           Mark Thompson           http://www.mv.com/ipusers/fusion  *
  *         Fusion Films, Inc.              [email-masked]          *
  * Director of Animation and Special FX      (603) 424-1829            *
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~